OK....just to give some closure to this saga.... amp number 5 is in place and working for several days now. Sort of. It's acceptable anyway at this point. Wanted to wait a few days before I posted just to make sure. It too arrived...again...with too short of cables to physically attach to the woofer without turning it upside down in the cabinet to mount. So I took the longest cables from both old and new and then had enough room to mount it properly.

So just a quick recap for those that might not have read this whole thing. 1st 2 amps....lasted roughly 2 years each then dead. Next 2 replacement amps DOA out of the box. Amp #5 working so far.

Honestly though, these new designs are just not as good as the old beefy heavy "non" digital amps. They do not have nearly as much punch or overall depth / warmth. I would say they are 75-80% of the old amps.

Again.....From a customer service stand point these folks have been very good to deal with. Never a problem there. They truly do want this stuff to work. And that is greatly appreciated. But the weeks on end between replacements gets real old real quick. So with 5 amps now there's been a considerable amount of down time.

However for the sake of honest customer feedback.....IMO the quality of their SUBs are just not up to par with some of the others out there in the same or even lower price point. Especially with this new amp design. Maybe I'm sort of old school but when it comes to amps, in my head any way, bigger, heavier, solid designs would seem to be better. There's a lot of audio gurus out there that don't necessarily think that small light digital circuitry is the way to go. When you pick up a 600 watt amp one would expect it to have some heft. But now this thing just sort of feels cheesy light and cheap. And had I never been exposed to the original then maybe I would think differently. But the new one just doesn't drive this unit the same way the old amp did.

Maybe from a tech standpoint there's a good design reason for it. Maybe from a $$ / manufacturing standpoint there's also good reason. (I'd gladly pay a bit more for better quality if that's what it took though.) But from a listening standpoint I think it's a step backwards. If and when this amp bites it again.....I won't replace it. Time to move on to an SVS or HSU.