Originally Posted By: jakewash
I hear ya. It isn't so much as a need as a desire and only one chance to get it right the first time. This is how I am also.

Right now I am looking at the DIY amp from ClassD that SRoode put together or D-Sonic with a 500W 3 channel amp for the mains, as well as the usual suspects, Parasound, Rotel, Bryston etc.

Exactly. I've been actively researching for probably 8 years now, ever since I heard a pair of Klipsch RF-7s in a store, and how much better they sounded than any other speaker in the lineup. (of course, now I realize that may have been because they were playing louder, and the louder speaker almost always sounds better) Ever since then I realized that for serious home theater sound, I would have to look at towers. (all the towers sounded better than the bookshelves)

Now I am at a point in my life where I am almost out of debt. And it's amazing how much money one has to spend once they are out of debt! I intend to buy nothing on credit - It will all be purchased with cash in the bank. And so, like you said, I want to assure that I get it right the first time.