Originally Posted By: bdpf

It looks like you are over analyzing everything. No matter how much you read, it will be no substitute for hearing the speakers. I know that it might be difficult in your case but as others have said, the M22s and even the M2s will be representative of the Axiom sound and as for Klipsch, you might be able to listen to them at the dealer. Good luck.

Well, sounds like the M22s it is. For Klipsch, I will buy their equivalent bookshelf so I can have them both in my room so that I can listen back to back. I've been to dealers but between differences in rooms and audio memory, I'll just have to have them both and try them both out. Bookshelves can be shipped APO, so the shipping issue will not be an issue.

How do you think I should set it up? I'm thinking I'll hook one set up to the front outputs, and the second set will be hooked to the B zone outputs. Everything will be level matched, and I'll cross them both over at 80Hz, above their cutoff, so that the differing bass extension will not be an issue. I will assure the reciever's settings are identical for both speakers with the exception of distance. I'll try to get them both acoustically centered. I'll set them up in an AB AB configuration so that they both have identical spacing. Before critically listening, I'll work on positioning both sets for optimum soundstage. I'll also have friends over to listen to try to overcome any bias I may have on my part. Heck, I'll even try to get the same color and have my wife make the connections to the speakers so that I don't know which ones are playing. I want to try to make the playing field as level and objective as possible.

Any other recommendations?

Seem like a lot to go through to make a decision? Maybe. But I'm a geek - I love this type of thing!

The wait is gonna kill me... (not literally, I hope) 5 more months in Afghanistan (hence why I have so much time to think about this kind of stuff), then a new baby in Sept, then hopefully by January, time to make it happen! At least I'll have plenty of time to select sample music and movie scenes!