danman,

Let's get back on topic for you. The M60s provide excellent bass. They will not, however, provide the level of LFE that a good sub will provide. I'm pretty sure I would be hard pressed to take my sub out of the mix ( I have the M60s and an SVS 20-39PCi) now that I have everything calibrated and working together.

If you want to go with the bass on the M60s (rather than the sub) for music, you have some options and would still be able to have the sub available for movies. you could :
1) Turn the sub off for music. You would need to set the front speakers to large.

2) You could control the sub dB level with your remote or receiver and effectively turn it to the minus side such that it doesn't have any volume.

3) Reach behind the sub and adjust the gain up or down to add or remove LFE.

Probably other ideas, but you get the idea.

As far as the quality of the Outlet stock goes, my (pretty extensive) research here on the message board indicates that, without exception, the speakers show up 1) in excellent playing shape and 2) the imperfections are imperceptible or non-existent to the naked eye.

Please consider these speakers because they are excellent. The manner in which this thread was twisted out of shape is uncommon and may have you a bit tweaked. All in good fun and that's one of the reasons I like to wander in here and play in the sandbox. Order with confidence.