Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I would prefer a way to adjust the sub's volume (cringe), that doesn't involve a knob on the backside, which is usually shoved up against something. Say, maybe on a side, with a knob that doesn't stick out far, like maybe a flush mount you'd turn with your thumb.

I would agree with the idea that the controls would be preferable on the front rather than the back(I have a couple of old Yamahas in the house and they have always had that feature) but it just seems for years now the vast majority of sub manufacturers have chosen not to utilize this style of amp they build or purchase for their sub designs.

I personally, would want to carry it a step or two further in that, although probably more costly, there has been a few manufacturers that have remotes with "digital adjustment" of all parameters which, of course, rather than constantly having to get up and down, has the advantage of one being able to sit in the "sweet spot" to make all the adjustments. Also, because once adjustments are made the controls will probably never be touched again for awhile so with any manual(knob) unused control and as anyone here probably has experienced with older equipment that has been sitting around for awhile, dirt can potentially accumulate in the switch causing static and at times, eventually making it unusable.

Last edited by casey01; 06/03/13 03:12 PM.