Soylent comes from the book "Make Room! Make Room!" The idea for it was to have a simple, sustainable food source for the exploding population. Yeah, they got creative in sourcing some of the minerals, but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

I remember watching The Jetson's, and other shows where a meal was a simple pill. That was presented as a bleak view of the future, but I always thought it was an ideal.

That's why I've backed the future food project that took it's name from the that infamous foodstuff, Soylent. Like many crowd-funded projects there have been delays, but it'll be finally start shipping on the 21st. I'm excited about not having to find some crap, fast food every day, and just be able to take two minutes to drink down serving that has 1/3 of everything I need for the day, and costs me just over $3.

I was considering posting about it here*. I will start my own thread once I have the product in hand.

*I've also started taking some nootropic supplements, and will comment on that too.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris