BBIBH - I stopped bothering with AVS in 2011, and the only time I even see a thread there is through a link as provided by exlabdriver.

I tend to agree with you about arguing with "opinions" as made, but when people post "facts" such as the claim that "Axiom does not have accurate measurements" when Axiom has as accurate a measuring protocol as one will find in the industry, it is prudent to point out the complete inaccuracy of the "facts" as presented.

If someone posts "I listened to ABX speaker, and hated it", that's opinion, and not an issue with which one should argue.

The forums used to be a lot more fun, and a lot more friendly. Ten years ago, if one posted something on the speakers or subwoofers section on AVS, and no one else posted in that thread, two hours later, the thread would be on page 3.

Today, two DAYS later, it's often still on page one, because the forum world just does not draw an audience as it once did.

And that is the issue - nice people are being driven away from the forum world because a few on line bullies want to control the narrative, and nice people have better things to do than be "yelled at" for saying he/she likes Axiom, Aperion ... or even Bose.

We need more people having fun in the world of audio. We need more GTG's again.

We used to have GTG's where 4 or 5 different companies would have speakers present, and they were a LOT of fun. Blind testing would be done, and guys would often pick speakers or subs from another company instead of what they owned, even though the speakers they owned were there.

We did one at my place in 2005, comparing an Axiom EP-500 to an SVS PB-12 Ultra. There were about 12 guys on the "listening panel", with (if memory serves) 6 SVS owners, 3 Axiom owners and 3 who owned other products.

Five of the six SVS owners picked the Axiom sub, while 2 of the 3 Axiom owners picked the SVS sub as his "favorite", but in each case by a very small margin

Everyone had a great time, and the only consensus was that blind listening was useful, and the differences between the SVS sub and the Axiom sub were VERY minor.

As I am no longer a "company owner", and am back to this as a hobby (woo hoo!!), look for a fun GTG at my place this fall.

Everyone here will be invited. smile

Last edited by craigsub; 04/18/15 02:31 PM.