Adrian - The invitation to Supergt24 is a genuine invite. Hopefully he will make it.

There was a comment from someone in that thread that dismissed Axiom subwoofers as "no one considers them".

Let's look at the EP-500. It's available for about $1270 from Axiom. It's a single 12 inch, pretty long throw driver.

Powersound Audio has, for about the same $$$, the XS30 SE, which used dual 15 inch, pretty long throw drivers and an 800 watt amp.

Axiom's claimed strong suit is the DSP based amplifier. Powersound counters with dual 15's that have 3.125 times the surface area that the Axiom subwoofer has.

This would also make for an interesting comparison.

When I test a product, I don't care who "wins or loses". It's more about what the product can do in one's system that matters.

As an example ... and this is strictly a hypothetical ... let's say the Axiom sub, when compared to a PSA sub, sounds better, but the PSA sub can deliver 6 dB more output.

We would post why the*/ Axiom sounds better, with the caveat that the PSA will deliver a more powerful experience.

Of course, it's also possible that the PSA sounds better AND is more powerful ... or that the Axiom works better in certain real world situations because it's easier to corner load due to its shape and size.

The point is to do an honest evaluation, and to let others join in on the fun. This is why I purchase all products for review. When one is given a "free sample for review", one is not really entering into a review process with no bias.