Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
I get really tired of the ubiquitous posts that are generated everyday, especially at AVS - 'I'm a Dummy - Choose a Speaker System for Me'. It seems that most don't want to take the time to do any meaningful research (that is available in spades) & they want to be spoon fed.

Then of course there are the same people who gleefully reply repeatedly with their own particular favourites, so that the OP ends up with a dozen or so 'subjective recommendations' that contributes to even more confusion...

TAM

If one looks at most forums today, unfortunately, they have no longer become a source of information and intelligent discussion, but, rather an "opportunity" where someone can spew forth their venom anonymously with little or no consequences. Also, if you look closely it usually it is the same small "cast of characters" who apparently don't seem to have a life, yet, the forum moderators still permit it and AVS is no exception. I can remember back a couple of years ago when I made one of my infrequent comments on the "Sound AND Vision" website and something came up about what were relatively new models at the time(the 1100"s)and that I had heard them and how much I enjoyed their performance. Believe it or not the next day, a comment came through criticizing my response by saying that Axiom speakers were "crap" and I must be a "shill" for the company(I wonder where they came from, Hmm?). The newspapers are a prime example as when a story is told about anything no matter how positive, the naysayers and critiques dominate the responses.

Overall, and quite sadly, most forums serve little purpose anymore(present company excluded, of course).