no backlash from me.. although it is my right..

i am in rural texas.. very laid back.. low crime.. in fact, we only had 6 homicide deaths/murders in 2003.. and 2 were in one place on a drug deal gone bad.. anyway, this is the kind of town where you can leave your door unlocked, and your keys in your car. a lot of people do it.. but i have the belief that people make themselves victims by allowing criminals an easy path. i aint all paranoid or nothing, but i do make an effort to secure my belongings, and leave no temptations for the bad guys. and i dont carry a weapon to walmart.. actually, i have a CCW, but rarely carry my handgun with me.. mainly on trips, for my familys safety. i dont carry on a daily basis. but its not necessarliy that i have the CCW out of necessity, more like, 'cause i can'.. that sounds kinda stupid, even as i type it, but maybe it does go back to the whole, "its my right, my freedom"..

there is NO easy answer or solution to guns/gun control. i am glad i have the right to carry arms, and i have taken the steps, as have my wife, to do this as safe and controlled as possible.

and i do have a shotgun, a couple actually... depends on what kind of hunting i am doing. a few rifles also. to be honest, the majority reason i have weapons, is to hunt game.. not to kill people.. but i feel confident in my training and ability, that if i ever needed to make the decision to do that, it would be quick, decisive, and final..

i am cool with open discussion, as long as we dont start saying the other is 'wrong' for how they feel.. thats when it usually gets ugly..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??