This will have to be my last post for a few days - I'm heading off to Vegas to participate in some good old fashioned Western depravity.

The things I've heard said about Bush, and his administration's motivation for going to war in Iraq, are bizarre. War for oil, revenge for his dad, white American males needed a war to make themselves feel good even though blacks are dominating professional sports, etc... It appears to me that Bush is trying to do what he thinks is right, as did Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, and Carter before him. All different guys, all deserving of the respect the office of President requires.
A large body of politicians, such as Congress, is incapable of making swift, informed foreign policy decisions. In this area we now have to trust the executive - there is no alternative. To suggest that any President would callously send the men and women of our armed forces overseas to die for trivial purposes is a heavy, heavy accusation. I don't see that in him.
Sorry if I've labeled you in the past. You're obviously a thinking, caring, intelligent guy (who has been led astray ).