Hello again lomb. I agree it is a good idea to make sure all your drivers are 'firing.'

Do you have wood or tile flooring?

I find the Axiom and Michaura speakers have 'sparkling' highs, but what makes a speaker great is getting the mids right, and in this regard, Axioms come very close.

I don't mind comparing Axioms to much more expensive speakers, the fact that Axioms do so well in such comparisons is what got me to take a chance with Axioms in the first place.

I'd hope Axiom decides to upgrade their speakers' performance, expecially midrange performance. I'd hope that axiom would target some of the great speakres out there, those from JM Labs, Reference 3a de capo mm's ... might have to upgrade capacitors and resistors, point to point internal wiring of cross-over components.

Personally, I think the M3Ti is the speaker most suited to elevation to true giant killer status, in large part because there's nothing between the 6.5" driver and the amplifier. I bit more voicing, upgrading the tweeter's cap and resistor to improve integration between the tweeter and woofer, and smooth out the mids. Just a thought.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.