>> I am still wondering if I have done something wrong in set up because of the differing views of other regarding the base of the M60's. I will continue to tinker and if things change or if the M60 just needs time to "break in" then I will retest and re-review.

I think we're all having a tough time coming up with good ideas for what might be wrong. A couple of things to think about :

1. M60s in particular seem to be strongly affected by distance from the rear of the cabinet to the wall behind them, possibly because of the dual ports at the back. At 8" from speaker to wall I found them boomy; at 24" from speaker to wall the bass was a bit thin; somewhere around 14-16" from back of speaker to wall was "just right" in my room.

2. Axiom speakers in general seem to work best when they are separated further than I'm used to, and also when they are pointed relatively straight-ahead rather than being toed in. If you aren't totally blown away by the "imaging and soundscape" try separating them more widely and see what happens. Don't think this will affect bass, of course, just might help to get the most from the M60s.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8