OK, I’m _really going to make this my last post on subwoofers…… at least I think I am! :P

I’m very confident about the right Axiom system for me (M60s, VP150, QS8s) for every speaker except the sub. I’ve asked opinions on which manufacturer and about musicality VS. “Boom” before, but I have one last, simple question.

I’m going to go with an Axiom sub. I know others might be a little better value in terms of extension for the price, etc… but I’m only putting this in a 13’ x 13’ x 8’ room, and it IS going to be used along with M60s, and it will be very visible so I like the idea of matching the finish of the rest of the system.

But, for the life of me, I just keep going back and forth between the EP350 and the EP175. There’s not much difference in price, there’s very little difference in physical size, there’s only a fractional difference in power. Really, on paper, the 350 only looks a tiny bit better. As a matter of fact, looking at the specs only, I’m not even sure why Axiom maintains the 175 in the line. It almost seems like they could drop the 175 from the market, and drop the price of the 350 by $50 (make up for it in volume and efficiency of having to build one less variation and stocking extra parts for the 175).

It makes me think I MUST be missing something here. On paper, the 350 looks like it’s only 10% better; maybe in reality it’s much more than that? In a 13’ square room, will there be much of a “real world” difference between the two? If it just means I keep one set to “five” and another to “four”, or I gain just a few Hz in extension, or one is just an inch and a half smaller, I might as well go for the 175. How do I determine the preferred one for my needs without ordering both and trying them side by side (no, that seems like a big waste of postage and it’s taking advantage of Axiom’s generous policies in my opinion).

Sorry to even ask another sub question; you experienced forum members must be sick of the same repeats over and over! I just wonder if I’m missing something obvious between the two, and wonder if it makes a difference in a smallish room anyway? I searched past posts, but really didn’t find anything regarding the differences between the two!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::