It's hard for me to imagine that there is really much going on below 28~25 Hz.... maybe I'm just ignorant in that respect, but it's one of the reasons I've always said that I would value "musicality" over more extension.

Anyone? If Sub "A" goes flat to 28Hz and Sub "B" goes to 20Hz, does that really come into play often? Assuming it's very rarely an issue in music, do those lowest of notes hit once in a movie like Saving Private Ryan, or are they hitting 40 times and responsible for much of the impact through many scenes?

You know, I've never auditioned subs. It seems as though they would be SO dependant upon the room they're in, their location within that room and the interaction of the other speakers that it never seemed to have mattered. Maybe, as I said, I'm ignorant because I've never owned a good one? Funny thing is, I've been using subs for 25 years, long before they were moderately known for satellite/sub systems and REALLY long before they were popular for Home Theater use. But I've always bought "relatively" cheap ones and I'm not exactly sure what to expect out of a better one!!??

NOW I'm back to even wondering about the SVS/HSU option. I can't believe I have so much confidence in all the Axioms I'm ordering but just cannot seem to decide on the sub....!

Whooooaahh! You dudes are, like, SO freakin' me out over this!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::