I'm currently running "4.1" (M60s + cheap tower surrounds with receiver set to "none" on the center channel so it splits the center content between L and R mains). Did have M2s as surrounds but took 'em upstairs for a stereo system. The "center channel" is pretty clear but just seems a bit dull without a real speaker there, and I'm starting to get a bit tired of having to sit right in the middle. I'm pretty sure I need a center channel, trouble is that I just have too many options. :

1. Buy a VP100 or VP150, live happily ever after (note that I may be moving to a much larger room in the spring, or I would just buy a VP100 and never look back). $220 / $350 US.

2. Buy QS4s or QS8s (QS8s probably too much $$ for now), move the cheap towers upstairs, wire the M2i's in parallel as a center. $370/$470 US -- gets me better surrounds but crappy speakers upstairs. Don't think this will fly.

3. Buy M3s to replace the M2s upstairs, use M2s as center. Interesting... 2xM2s might be better than VP100 but probably not as good as VP150. $275 US.

4. Buy a single M22 as a center. Better LF response than VP100/VP150 so I can cross over lower (but normally not much LF content in center anyways), also lets me play M2 vs. M22 comparison games albeit only in mono. $200 US.

The other worry is that I am using an older CRT TV so it is probably about as sensitive to magnetic fields as you're going to get. I imagine the VPxxx have more shielding than the M2/M22s.

VP150 is a bit more than what I want to spend right now but it really does seem like the right thing to do... maybe will go through factory outlet and play "find the defect".

Any suggestions ? There is a wealth of good information on here (and I have read every single stinkin' post), just kinda tired and looking for someone to help me make the decision

I'm only about 70% sure that I will end up in a bigger room but if I do it seems likely that I will wish I had gone with VP150. It seems like every VP100 owner is really happy unless they are in a real big room. Anyone comparing VP100 with VP150 in a normal size room doesn't seem to see much difference -- but for a real big room the VP150 does seem to be noticeably better.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8