Me too, I am trying to find an excuse to spend an extra USD 300 and swap my recently purchased Rotel RB-1070 for RB-1080, 130 wpc vs. 200 wpc. I can still do the swap for no extra cost thanks to my Rotel dealer. I own RC-1070 preamp, RCd-1072 cd player with my Axiom M60s, all for stereo only. To tell you the truth, I have read and heard more in favor of the getting Rb-1080. Let me put it like this: I may not hear a lot of difference, but I am purchasing my peace of mind for $300!! However, I have read many reviews in Club Rotel that Rb-1080 is far more "musical" than 1070, even a Rotel technician over the phone confirmed this.

Another question, I recently saw a Belkin PureAV PF40 console power center, comparable with Monster HTs series. Anybody has any experience with them? They look so cool, and are cheaper than monster or panamax. Again, most likely a power conditioner/surge protector will not improve anything in the sound of my system, but I consider it as a nice insurance policy (for my mind and protection of my equipment).

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3