Outlaw M200 Monos.

My test CD is Kenny Loggins Greatest Hits. Plenty of bass, mid and treble.

The M200s seem to drive the 80's with more punch and tightness. If I switch between pure direct and stereo, the sub cuts in. Switching back and forth the 80s, bass response becomes more like the EP500. Not as deep but just as clear and defined and musical as the sub.

Switching the banana plugs between the receiver and the amps, I listened to the same cd while watching the clock to get the same time frames for both. The amp seems to have a cleaner sound very similiar to the differences between the 60's and to 80's. A cleaner, clearer sound.

Then I crank it up. 95dB to me is real loud. The bass response of the 80's is almost unbelievable. For CD music you'd never need the sub. The highs are crystal clear. Chimes used in some numbers ring very clear. Clearer than the receiver.

I used the SPL meter to check channel levels and did not have to adjust after set-up. I bought Outlaw PCA cables and I like the locking mechanism.

The 3rd mono will be here next week for the center channel.

I am very pleased with my HT setup so far. I think the monos will be a good addition.

IMHO,

Bug