bug: I have a question for you. Are you going to use the pre outputs on the 3805 to drive a big amp?

I have decided that my next receiver or seperates MUST have a good selection of video switching options and be software upgradable. By video switching, I mean 2-3 composite inputs and 1 output as well as 2-3 HDMI/ DVI inputs and 1 output.

I have been looking at many websites and I sort of like the 5 channel, 200 watt amps made by Rotel, Outlaw and the Emovia. Comments on the three, both pro and con, would be welcome. However, I am not exactly thrilled with the video switching of the surround processor seperates and am not so sure about the software upgrades. I do need to go back and look at Outlaw and Emovia again.

However, the notion struck me that I could get a good 5 channel amp now (always can add a two channel for 7.1 later on) and get a relatively "cheap" referb receiver that has all the proper switching (as long as it has the preoutputs) until the overall market catches up with whatever video formats and switching become standards.

Any thoughts as to what brands/models have the video switching that I am looking for?

I was looking at the Denon 3805 and it has pre outputs and the composite input/ outputs but no HDMI/ DVI inputs or outputs.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV