That's funny! Sure is strange that the only post you make over there, I happen to read. Small world, isn't it?

I agree with your analysis of the UL versus the 990. Those two surround processors are in two different leagues. The 990 is so much more feature rich. But, then, again, it is about 50% more expensive. I can't remember the last time that I got MORE than I paid for, but I sure can remember the last time I got LESS than I paid for. LOL!!!

I started looking at newer audio gear because of a potential "lip sync" problem that I may experience with the new HD TVs that I am considering. I am not really sure that there actually is a problem, but there have been reports of some "issues" by some new owners. Anyhow, my current HT receiver does not have the ability of correcting for this "lip sync" nor does it have composite video jacks. It only has one optical input and no optical outputs. It has, however, been a very good and reliable unit. It has 150 watts per channel and can drive my M80s as loud as I want to listen.

I have taken a "hard" look at the Denons, Rotel, Outlook and a few others. I saw the Rotel's at a local dealer and they sure looked nice. But, I think that their surround processors (switching features) are a generation behind what others are currently offering in their "new" units. I still remain undecided. Some of the Denons look nice but the 4806 and 5805 are a little pricey. Not out of the price range, but if I get one of them, I want to make sure that I will be satisfied with it for a long, long time.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV