Good point fhw. I was just trying to make a case that a more slender tower configured like a M22 could easily fit in the lineup. I personally would prefer a tower and with all the raving about the M22, it sounded like it might fill a void in the lower end of the tower models. Actually, I don't know if there is a void, not having ever heard any of the Axiom speakers, but with all the talk of the M22 and M60 being Axiom's "best" speakers, and the M40 having a more laid back sound, maybe a tower based on the M22 would be a little better. In all honesty, I have been considering a M40 and thought it would be interesting to get the thoughts and opinions of others regarding a tower based on the M22 configuration.

On sort of a side note, has anyone else noticed that black M40's have been on the Factory Outlet page for what seems like a good month or so at a lower than normal discount. I am guessing it could be a few things. An unusually high level of defects (I wouldn't think so). Or, no one is buying black M40's. Or.... they are unloading inventory before the introduction of a sleek and sexy new model based on the M22. How's that for positive thinking.

Last edited by ajb; 04/22/03 10:33 PM.