thyname
thanks for the comments. Sometimes I feel like I go on and on. Does anyone really want to hear this stuff?

I have done a lot of research on Rotel. Most of the reviews and personal experiences (others not mine) are very positive. I also think their products really look great too. Hopefully my stuff will hold a up a little longer. I still have more spreakers to get before I can think about replacing the electronics.

It's funny you mention B&W 703's I was very interested in them and wanted to test them before making my decision. But I got tired of waiting and in a weak moment I ordered the 60's. My friend Tom who is an audiophile for many years went to a HT specialty place this past weekend. He told me he listened to 3 different models of B&W speakers including the flagship model. He was not impressed at all. He said the 60's are much more transparent and accurate. Made me feel good about my decision. I asked him if the 703's were one of the ones he listened to. Aside from the flagship pair he couldn't tell me the model numbers. But he said they all sounded wooly to him.
I guess everybody is looking for something different. After that latest review on the 80's you might want to just go with them and leave all the expensive stuff to the fat cats.

Congratulations to you and your fiancee'. Have you set the date? I like your dream. Remember without dreams we would wither on the vine. Make it happen!

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon