Hey everyone, I need some advice. I had a bout of bad luck with my Rotel 1056 receiver. One of the optical inputs is bad on it...it's 24 days old. So, I took it into the shop where I bought it, and asked for a replacement. They then called Rotel and came back and told me that Rotel won't replace it, but will repair it. I'm thinking, "what? it's less than a month old!" It should have been replaced without question in my opinion. So, I'm in the middle of an ugly battle with Rotel and the dealer I bought it from. My thought is that if they don't give me a new replacement, I'm going to ask for a refund. It's too bad, because I like the Rotel! But, it's to the point where I'm upset with the service level and am considering a different brand.
Now for my question...can you give me your thoughts on the 1056 vs an NAD T773, or finally, the Arcam 300? I know the NAD and Arcam are more expensive...but are they worth it? I'm running M80ti's that I just bought, as well as a Klipsch center (looking to upgrade that too) and two rears to complete the surround setup. Your thoughts would be appreciated!