well, I can only speak about the Nad T773 since I have had one for at least a month now.

It's a very good receiver. But, will it have the sound your looking for. I'd classify the NAD as a warm amp. From what I read, the Rotel is more of a bright amp. So, question is, will it have the sound your looking for.

Power wise, you don't have to worry. I can run the NAD at insane volumes for hours and it barely gets warm at all. Although, I have nothing above or around it for several feet so I have max ventilation.

I'm actually looking at trying a yamaha 4600 to replace it if it has the brighter/bassier sound I'm looking for. The 4600 is supposed to have a much upgraded amp section and is actually designed for 4 ohm speakers now with THX Certification.

But,I still think I'm nuts for trying a yammie over a Nad, but I can only test it in house to see. The yammie has a built in EQ so I'm hoping it'll give me the sound I'm looking for

I must say though for movies, it is very good. But for music I have a eq between the dvd player and NAD to get the sound I want. Best remote I've seen on a receiver yet too.

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12