http://www.rotel.com/products/specs/ra02.htm

That thing costs $500.

I don't care if it's uber hi-fi - I don't care if the case looks cool, or if there is any voodoo to it. 40 solid state watts per channel(it's light enough for me to believe that it doesn't go over 55) for $500 seems a tad high. They don't sell online, they don't even have a dealer in my city(you'd think NYC would have some rotel dealers). The fact that, in addition to this, you can't even get prices on their site(they tell you to email them) makes me cautious.

My HK surely isn't as cool looking. But it does have nice blue lights like the Rotel, 120 honest, quality wpc, and costs $250 less new, and $310 less refurbished.

Outlaw amps are quite cheaper also. I can't get a direct price since I don't remember those prices, and I don't feel like emailing Rotel.

Rotel does some good stuff in the upper amp class: I don't see NAD offering 380 watt amps. Yet in the "lower" end of the spectrum, their offers are far too expensive when you look at what they're offering IMO. I was just surprised that considering they are in the higher price class of equipment that they treated a customer as such. I'd expect this from HK, but not Rotel.

Last edited by Thasp; 08/22/05 03:49 AM.