I'm appalled that any news organization can focus on "who's helping us?" right now. That is help down the road and many countries will provide it. The issue right now are those people. They need food, water, medicine, assistance, leadership, and military protection/organization NOW. Not tomorrow, not this weekend. NOW. I'm appalled at the slow reaction and I'm appalled at the lack of leadership. I'm appalled at the bureaucratic mess that has led to inaction that is costing people's lives.

It's quite clear people have congregated to certain areas. What is so difficult about flying supplies and military personnel into these areas by helicopter? Our Homeland Security Chief Michael "Jerkoff" said today they had placed supplies in the are before the hurricane. Well, if they are already in the vicinity, where are they? My governor, Ed Rendall, offered 2,500 national guard. Well Ed, what took you so long and geez, don't ya think ya could offer more?

Get this: I have a friend in the national guard. I talked to him yesterday. I thought he would be unavailable and on "flood duty". He tells me they are only asking for volunteers right now. WTF? WTF is wrong with this country?

Michael "Jerkoff's" news conference today was a CYA. Now is not the time for CYA. He actually said he knows what it is like to stand on a roof, thirsty, hungry, with a sign, pleading for help. That is absurd. They don't even give a crap about those people and it's evidence by the lack of action. ho hum. help is on the way.