I don't know how much the stock has changed when RS Canada transitioned to CC, but I was informed by a guy at one of the local stores that they don't carry the SPL meter anymore. He did know what I was talking about, maybe he has been there for a long time. Anyhow, the good news is that he told me they were planning on getting them back into their inventory fairly soon. Not sure what "fairly soon" means, but with luck it means it will arrive before my VP100 factory second...

I was considering ordering from RS.com, but the customs folks here *always* charge me duties on anything valued over $20CDN. This makes the pricing a lot less attractive, particularly when shipping is factored in as well.

Like bridgman, I could always just wait til I go to the States and pick one up from a retail store there I suppose.

Incidentally, does SVS ship their items from Canada? I noticed on their site that they have vendors in Toronto. This would save the tariffs at any rate. I'll call them to ask if nobody here knows the answer directly.