My frame or reference? That is a good question, I did not had one, I was looking at best buy and circuit city and started asking questions to sales guy, did not receive any satisfactory answers regarding TV selection, for speaker I was thinking of going with cube speaker because that what you see everywhere and everybody seems to know lot about it (do they really?). I started doing some research and stumble upon axiom website, that's where all started, now I am so glad that I did it.

TV is excellent when I see few HD channels available through my cable company, it is breath taking, regular TV is not as good, and HD content is excellent with depth of color and crisp image. Watching DVD is unbelievable specifically with Axiom speakers, I am using Denon 1920 DVD player which is connected to AVR-3806 with HDMI and receiver is connected to TV with HDMI. I really like the TV.

Thanks for suggesting calibrating my system, only problem is that I would not even know where to being with spl meter. I have used auto setup program which come built in with receiver and everything seems to be good but in back of my mind I know that it could be better, I don’t quite understand setting up cross over frequencies etc. although I am trying to educate my self by reading content on the Axiom website. Thanks.

Samsung 56” DLP, 1080P, HL-R5678W Denon AVR-3806 M60 VP100 QS4, 3 Speakers EP175