The crossover is really pretty easy. It basically is the point at which the LFE (low freq. effects) get routed to the sub. THX standards, as well as most people around here usually set all speakers to small on the receiver speaker setup menu, and then place the crossover on the receiver to 80hz. What this does is send anything below 80hz to the sub for all speakers. Since the receiver is managing the crossover, you want to turn the crossover knob on the back of the sub all the way clockwise to the highest setting, so it is out of the way of the receivers managment. The volume on the sub can be anywhere from 11'oclock to noon position for starters. Also, I found that I liked to bump up my center channel dB level a few more positions form what the Auto Setup came up with, this makes it easier to hear the voices in movies. You can do this by pushing the round button on your remote while watching a movie, it will cycle through each speaker and show you the Auto Setup's original settings. The Denons also have a built in Room EQ process that is done during the setup process. It basically is a built in Equilizer that adjusts to your room conditions. I have found that it makes my M60's sound worse, with to much midrange, so I shut that off. You might want to see what you think sounds better. The Room EQ setting off/on is found in the Setup Menu....

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85