I watched my first movie tonight, Finding Nemo, with my eldest daughter and a couple of her friends. I mounted the screen and projector on Sunday, but have yet to do any real tweaking. The only tasks performed to-date are centering the image on the screen, and auto set-up on my Yamaha 5890 (a re-badged RX-V1500) with EQ off. I'll save the full review for another day, and different thread. I will, however, say the Panasonic EA900 is STUNNING! Even with all 15 pot lights on in the basement, it still produces a viewable image!!! The speakers sound fantastic, with the HSU VTF3-MKII being the most impressive so far! The HT portion of the basement build was the most fun, and I'm thrilled with the results. I'm looking forward to running AVIA to maximize the picture quality. I'm also looking forward to the kids being out of the house so I can play the Lobby Scene from the Matrix to give the QS8s and HSU a good run.

The pictures really do not do the space justice, but have a look and give me your opinion.

The first 3 pictures are simply different angles of the HT room:

This is a close up of the component rack. I built 2 shelves from 3/4" MDF. I have not yet finished the unit, and the components are connected temporarily, with no wire management.

The next few shots are of the projector and mount. The mount is homemade, as I refuse to pay several hundred for a store bought unit. It cost ~ $8 in steel, nuts and bolts, and about 1 hour fabrication time at a friend's house. It's screwed to the ceiling with 4 - 2"x1/4" lag bolts, and I hung on it before putting the projector on, so no fear of it ever falling.

So that's about it for this project. I have a month or 2 of little jobs to wrap up, like a couple of light fixtures, painting the component rack, trim, bathroom etc. It's really only ~ 2 solid weekends of work, but with the HT up and running, I'll be hard pressed to 'waste' all of my time on these tasks. Thanks for your advice along the way...