I've updated my home theater over the holiday season. I purchased a sectional about 1 year ago, but was unhappy with it from day one. AVS Forum had a power buy, and I picked up a row of 3 Coaster Studios, which got me motivated to build a riser and bar top for a second and third row. The area feels much more like a HT room now, and the Coaster seats are incredibly comfortable. The riser is 7" high, and it gives the back row a perfect view of the screen. I have to find 4 30" barstools now to finish the project. Let me know what you think.

Here's a shot from the back. You can see that I have a proper center channel stand now. I bought 2 pieces of 2" x 1/4" steel from the big orange and welded a couple of L brackets.

Here's a shot from the front of the screen. Looking at this picture, I see that I've not yet removed the plastic protective coating on the foot of the chairs.

Here's a shot of the fireplace/component rack, you can also see the pool table off to the left. I ended up building a HTPC into the top of the chimney box. The chimney pipe actually exits the basement along the horizontal run of the drywall box, the top portion was empty. Heat was a bit of an issue, but I have it such that the temperature inside the box increases by only 10 degrees C while the fireplace is on.

Here's a shot of the riser. I'm using a black leather couch that I had in the upstairs living room. The difference in leather between the HT seats and the couch is not as apparent as in the pictures.

Here's a shot from the pool table room. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the basement. It makes for a comfortable area to waste away the cold winter months in Northern Ontario (although it's 5 degrees C and raining today - about 20 degrees C above normal).