Actually, it's just about the worst for a projector; I left the ceiling and the side out of the pictures. :-) There's really nowhere good to mount a projector, and it'd be a battle with the light (it already is, and was even when I had a plain old CRT). There are 2 sets of french doors on the left, both facing south so they get a lot of light. There are 2 huge skylight wells in the ceiling, holding four skylights. Fortunately they have motorized remote-control blinds, or we couldn't watch TV at all during the daytime. :-) Then there's the fact that getting the source to the projector would be a nightmare. I considered it before I did the skylight wells and skylights, but it would have meant a lot of work, including tearing into exterior walls which I prefer not to do (insulation, vapor barrier, etc.).

I bought the Grand WEGA largely because it's light. The floor in this room is Kahr's London Ash, and it's a floating installation. I looked at several rear projectors, but I really didn't want 350+ lbs. of weight on my floating floor. The Grand WEGA is actually considerably lighter than the 32" CRT it replaced, maybe 125 lbs. or so. If it weren't so big, I could move it myself. I actually got it onto the stand by myself, though it was a little tricky.