In reply to:

I used heavy duty liquid nails on the ajoining pieces before screwing them down. One of my EP500 sits on the stage, so I filled the cavities of it with sand, first lining the insides with roofing paper, or a heavy duty plastic would work well.

I'm sure that's a use Iko has never thought of for "tar paper". Good idea, though. It stays sealed at the corners and such with the vibration?

Coming from an insulating background - oh those crazy Grunge 90s! - I'd lean towards 6mil poly and "effing black sh*t" (the trade name for PL Acousti-Seal) to seal it in, but that's me.

In reply to:

Keep the A/C 16" apart from your audio/video cable just to be safe. If the cables cross, do it at a perpendicular. I used the vinyl wall cover plates and just drilled a hole in each one for the speaker cable, maintaining one continuous wire.

My AC runs and signal runs are separated by at the smallest one joist cavity (16" centres, minus the wood width) and no problems at all, so I'll second that spacing as being well in the "okay" zone.

Bren R.