I have just found this forum, due to my search for my own system and the great reviews of the Axiom speakers. Above is a post about the Infinity Primus speakers for a budget system. My sister had asked me to buy a system for my nephew, and not spend over $800. After a lot of searching, I ordered 2 of the 150's, an MC 25 for center, the PS10 sub, and 2 150's were free for the back speakers. All for $469 from VANNS. I then bought a Marantz 4500 for $298 from Hippo. With the small amount left over I bought off the shelf Monster 16 gauge speaker wire. I just listened to the system, and while I am sure it is no match for a system with Axiom speakers, it sounded absolutely fabulous for the small investment.

Also interesting but not bought was the HTIB sytems from H/K, which if bought refurished from the H/K ebay store are very low cost.

Now, I am off and running looking for a new system for myself to replace my NAD and B & W system destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. Without a doubt I will include the Axiom M22Ti's as the start, but I haven't yet decided on the sub, center, and surrounds.