Hi all,
as I am starting to wire my new axiom system, I am trying to figure out the proper speaker wire to get for wiring my QS8 surrounds. I am basically looking at 12 (or near to it)Gauge OFC wire. Since I am reluctant in my ability to do in-wall wiring, I will probably go with external wires which will make the vertical run of the wires visible. So my question is whether I should go with the normal clear insulation wire from sound king etc(at partsexpress.com) or should I go with some kind of flat wire (such as IXOS 603 or IXOS XHS403 from accessories4less.com http://www.accessories4less.com/items.asp?CartId=1-EVEREST-3509720FYWDH16&Cc=CAB%2DSPFT&tpc= )

Since I would want to hide/mask the wire as much as possible, I am wondering how people usually do that ? Is there some kind of white masking tape (my room has whitish/cream walls) or do I paint over it or what ?

Is there any tradeoff between flat speaker wire and the normal ones ? I am finding many choices in regular clear jacket 12 GA speaker wire but very few in flat, white wire. Am I looking in the wrong websites or should I just not bother with flat wire ?

thanks in advance.