Ok....when it comes to cables, I'm a definate "outsider" here. I am currently running my mains and center on some hand-me-down 14G wires my near-son-in-law was pitching out and thought I might need. I slapped a meter on them and, finding no shorts or opens, slipped them twixt my speakers and receiver to replace the 22G(may be 24G, but I don't feel like climbing up there again to check for sure)I was using from the old HTIB days.

....the surrounds are Still on the fishline stuff.

I have accidently(Ok...and sometimes on purpose)run across a number of articles on snake-oil as well as honest wires, and I often see references to varrying capacitances and inductances. (resistances too, but, big deal)

Question:

WILL a change in inductance and capacitance induced by those cute, but horribly expensive doo-dads added into the equally expensive boutique stranded or solid "cables" manifest itself, no matter how little, in a variation in sound produced, compared to straight sane good quality wires??

I have gotten the impression.....not enough to form an opinion....that a differences, though it may be small, does(maybe)exist.

And that the difference is "usually" detrimental.

I do know that having clean connections does help, not as much as in the old days with cast iron hardware, but helpfull none the less.

I also get the impression looking out the window that the world is flat....but then I wander down to the coast and see the boats slide off the edge....