I am looking for a pair of tower speakers, and am giving serious consideration to the M60s. Although I am new, I have been researching HT information for months, and have many hours logged reading various boards.

These towers are only going to be used for music duty (on the B channel of my receiver) because I am really unhappy with my current speakers in music, and not *quite* satisfied in their movie performance. First I am going to get a pair of large speakers for music only, then I will deal with replacing the mains for HT later.

I have been told I really need to "demo" several speakers, but a) I don't have alot of money to throw around on shipping, and b) I am trying to get a feel for them as to whether I should even be considering them.

I am NOT an audiophile, I just want something nice that sounds good, and feel I can do better than whats available to me at "Worst Buy" or "Short Circuit City".

In all my personal experience with low-fi gear, I have a habbit of bumping the treble and bass controls, or back when I had an EQ would basically set the controls so they were shaped like a letter "V". Yes, I know thta is wrong, and not the correct usage of an EQ.

However, I work in commercial broadcast radio, and we use JBL control 5 speakers/monitors. Our equipment contains NO EQ and is flat and they sound PERFECT to me. Pleny of "high end".

So, my personal taste favors a little boost in the upper and low frequencies, and that leads me to the conclusion that the M60s are a good candidate for me (plus the price!).

What I am concerned about, is I have read several times that they are brig......I mean "accurate", and will really reveal any flaws in a system.

Since I have mostly low-end stuff, should I shy away from them, or would I be okay?

My receiver: Sony STRDA-1000ES
Current speakers: Klipsch Quintet IIs
Sub: SVS PB1-ISD (now call the PB12-ISD).

Rest of the equipment is brick and morter.

Thanks,

-Alan