In reply to:

An example: Audi ~ BMW ~ Mercedes, whereas Bentley ~ Maybach

In reply to:

Hey Dude

I agree with a lot of what has already been said. But if I had to compare the Axioms to a car, I might think of the 350Z. You get the performance of many of the expensive Euro imports, at a more reasonable price. While the styling and design are top notch at the given price point, some of the bells and whistles may be absent. But what really is important, is what is under the hood. Top notch drivers in the case of the Axioms and Nissan's 10 year running, award winning, V6 engine in the case of the 350Z.

Seriously though, even if Axiom put nice wood veneers and on their boxes and charged a bit more for them they would be considered entry level audiophile speakers. But what does that mean. Those are just words and like others have said there is not a small amount of elitism involved in being a "true audiophile". The Axiom's are a very accurate, well designed and decent looking speaker at a very nice price point.

I like driving my z and I like listening to my 60's now if I could just figure out how to squeeze that, and a nice mountain road all into one experience, well... that would be nirvana.
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon