My questions regarding the car analogy are thus:

Is the Maybach truly $300,000 better than an S-Class?

Can YOU tell the difference between a $1400 pair of speakers and a $20,000 pair of speakers?

Is the $20,000 pair of speakers REALLY $18,600 better than the $1400 pair?

As they say, if you are asking the question, you probably can't afford it. My answer is this: The Axioms are very high quality speakers for the price. Only a couple of manufacturers in the world can deliver such a high price/performance ratio. And to reiterate: If you can afford the true "high end," meaning pricewise, you probably wouldn't be here asking the question. People at the theoretical "high end" pay more for speaker cables than most of us here have invested in their entire systems (Tharkun included). I'm talking $1000+/ft for speaker cables. So if you are looking for a pair of speakers in the $300-$1500/pair range: Yes, in my opinion, the Axioms are at the "high end." Judging by the reviews Axiom has received they are near the high end for $2000 to $7500 speakers as well, not that you would have to pay anything near those sums.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti