I guess I never really thought about it that way...I just always thought that for good bass, that is where driver size matters, but for midrange, I didn't think driver size was that important.

It just almost seems (and from what I have read, pretty common) that almost all small satellite speaker companies "boost" somewhere at the lower end of the satellite's response to give the appearance of them being larger than they are.

I really do not know that much at all about speakers, and maybe the new M60s just have me spoiled, but it almost seems as if this "boost" on my small speakers are what is mucking up the vocal range.

In-walls are a slight possibilty, but with my odd layed out room, not sure how that would work out...

As a possible alternative to my Quintets, I stumbled onto Paradigm "Cinema 90s". I wonder if they would be any better? They look almost like my quintet's but the 90s have 4 1/2" midbass/1" tweeter, low-sensitivity rated sealed enclosure, where my Quintetes have 3 1/2" midbass/ 3/4" tweeter, high sensativity rated ported at the rear-Although they look almost identical, from a design perspective, you couldn't get much further apart!

Funny thing is, one review I found on them (Cnet) gives them a lesser rating than my Quintets, not that I take anything they review seriously, it does give reason for pause. When I did a websearch for "Klipsch Quintent vs Cinema 90" I did find ONE thread that almost everyone gave a nod to the 90's over the Quintets for better midrange clarity...

I appreciate the link to the Gallos...

-Alan