I normally never watch any of these types of awards shows - grammys, oscars, emmys, etc. That being said we did keep our eye on the show with some interest as my girlfriend's boss was the Manitoba co-producer of Capote. I believe they used their studios during breaks in shooting (all the shooting was done in and around Winnnipeg). We watched the 60minutes interview with Philip Seymour Hoffman and it was interesting to see how intense he really is. My girlfriend's boss confirmed that. He said they'd be done shooting for the day and Hoffman would be back in their studio watching the footage and swearing at himself for not doing something perfectly. This guy takes his job seriously.

I personally thought Jon Stewart did a great job, i agree with most that he did look a little nervous to start but after the first minute or two seemed to loosen up. Probably not as effective as the Daily Show (one of my personal favorites) but not as captive an audience either. I lol'd at more than a few of the jokes including the one calling Walk the Line "Ray, but with white people". Jamie Foxx seemed to like that but psycho Jaoquin (sp?) dindn't seem to find it funny.

"Chickens don't clap."