Ha!, I started reading this thread from the beginning and by the forth post , spiffnme was complaining why Capote wasn’t nominated for best picture. I was thinking, what?! ...there’s another Capote movie made last year? Then I looked at the post date \:\)
The Oscars show only gets interesting when you have seen the nominated movies, at least the nominated for best picture and best directon... On previous years my wife and I at least have seen half of them, these year we’ve seen any of them. So we decided yesterday afternoon to go see either 'There'll be blood' or 'No Country...'.
We decided at the last minute on 'No Country...'. Wow, what a great movie. Not for the squeamish, but really well made. My wife found it a bit too strong but enjoyed the dialog a lot. I think it will be out on DVD next week. Can’t wait to see it again. Also, I’m looking forward to seeing 'There'll be blood' , Michel Clayton and Juno and see how ‘No country for old man' holds up to them.
Oh, another great movie is Once. It’s kind of a musical/drama, they won best song. My wife loved that movie.

The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail. --Lindborg