Thanks for the replies ppls. The fact of the matter is this is my first system and I want to make sure I get something that will sound good, last a while and not have to be upgraded in a year. However, I can't go crazy because I'm buying everything at once. No sence of having a receiver sit for a few months while I save for speakers or vise versa. I have the 1300.00+ needed for the M60, VP150 and QS8's and about 700 + for a receiver. In a week I will have the 455 for the sub I want. (Polk PSW650) It's the best I've read for the price.
I would love to hold out for the Onkyo 898 but I don't know if I'd be able to meet that price. It's about 250+ more than the system with the Denon 3902 or the Onkyo 797. Including the 898 that's about 2800.00 total. I can do about 2500.00 or so but I'd have to wait for the other 200 for about a month. SO I guess the 2 remaining questions are. 1) Do I buy either the 3802 or the 797 now and if so which one or do I bide my time and hold out for the 898 or something comprable? Decisions decisions arrrrrgggggg!!!
I really appreciate your taking the time to reply to my questions.
Joe