Thank you very much Peter and Randy. Peter the ceiling was a ton of fun...the original truss line was the left side of the vault in the picture from what was the 25' side of the screened room to the wall with the DVD/CD shelve (original exterior concrete wall of the back of the house). Whenever we first started I knew I didn't want to have a ceiling that was 7'6" on one side of the room that rose to 8'6" on the other so I decided to put the vault in with 2x4's and then decided that it looked too much like the inside of a single wide mobile home and then added the flat above the TV area, a few days and many beers later the side and french door flats was incorporated into the mix. Added a whole lot of work but turned out to be worth it in the end.

Where you see the glass blocks and shelf was a sliding glass door coming from the master bath into what was built with the house a garden area with a ground level spa. We actually took out the garden area a few years ago and added the screen room but left the in ground spa and added the glass blocks for light into the master bath...which now puts too much light into the music room so we're now having matching plantation shutters made to cover them.

Whenever this little project is completed I'm retiring my nail apron for good ... no mas, Amigo!

Last edited by BrotherBob; 03/27/06 10:06 PM.

Rick
Our Room

smile