If you consider 'thinking linear' is NOT piling all the phenomena on the plate and pouring over a thick souse of vague definitions and misconceptions then, yes, I'm thinking linear.

Your water tub experiment is not what I was asking. What I was asking, in your 'rubber ducky' terms, is the following. Take your 4L pail lid and go sit in a small pond. Make waves. Notice the wave amplitude at, say 3m. Now do the same in the ocean. Will be the waves much different at 3m? I don't think so.

This is not true. The collision frequency depends on the molecule size and their thermal velocity. The 'active movement' in the medium is usually sub-sonic, that is much slower than the molecules thermal velocity. Therefore, the collusions do not occur more often with 'active movement'.

It's OK to admit that you don't know something. Just don't give a macho pseudo-science instead of a clear answer.