I've figured out a crappy way to let you see the diagram
Here is the link:

http://www.geocities.com/edwinsukri/index

As you can see, the first option (left #1) is probably more ideal placement, but the wall next to it is only about 5 inches away from the speaker. Since the QS8 has a speaker on each of its left and right side, I'm thinking that the wall may obstruct the sound coming out from the QS8.

On the other hand, option 2 (left #2) would let the speaker free of any obstruction. But it would not be horizontaly aligned with my right surround speaker. And as you can see, I can't really mount the right speaker 2 feet further to the back because of the funny angle of the wall and how it would be placed behind the door (afraid someone may slam the door to it).

So which placement do you think is better? I can't decide, I think each has its own good and bad. But if what I've read is true (about QS8 being really forgiving in terms of its placement), than option 2 may be better, but I'm not sure.

By the way, the room is about 13' x 16'. I forgot to draw the placement of my 2 front speakers in the diagram, but that should be no brainer .

Thanks...