The wall where the QS8 would be mounted (location #1) is 18". Based on the the specs, the speaker is 11", which means there would be 7" between the side wall and the speaker.

If you think 5" is not a problem, it probably be ok for me to mount the speaker at location #1.

Alternatively, I could probably move the seats about 1 foot to the right, and get a speaker stand for the left speaker. With the speaker stand, I can place the speaker a little more to the right, which I think would allow the speaker to be free from the side wall. But QS8 speaker stand is expensive and there will only be about 2 feet from the right wall to the seating. The limited space between the seating and the right wall means I probably need to mount the right speaker to the wall, which creates the mismatch (one speaker stand for the left and one wall mount for the right speaker). But those are non sound quality issue. The only real issue that I think I might have from this is the fact that the left speaker would be so close to the left seat (almost directly next to it) while the right speaker has about 2 feet from the right seat. But I should be able to eliminate any problem from this by adjusting the volume of each speaker, correct?

www.geocities.com/edwinsukri

I would prefer having the speaker mounted on the left wall (original location #1) since the wall mount bracket is cheap and it looks nicer for the room. However, the revised position with speaker stand would probably ensure better sound quality for my 6.1 system.

What do you think? Anyone else beside John who also think 5-7" from the speaker to side wall is not a problem? I sure hope more people think that way since I'm kinda leaning toward mounting the speaker on the wall