hello everyone,

I'm currently building a home and I would like to put an 80-500 in my family room which measures 20x16. My fiance does not want a "entertainment center" piece of furniture-rather she wants a cut-out in the wall to put the tv and speakers and custom cabinetry to place the components. I looked around the internet to see if I could find a picture that kinda resembles the "cut out" if you don't know what I am talking about.
http://www.carolinacabinetry.com/gallery3.html
second row, first one, with red paint.

we aren't doing the exact thing in the pic, but i just wanted to show the cut out, i haven't decided where im going to put the cabinets-it won't look like the ones in picture. my question is, she wants the speakers to fit flush with the tv in the cut out part of the wall. what is this going to do for sound, and how far do i need to make the cut out extend so the speakers have some room to the side? I'm just wondering what it is going to look like asthetically; we haven't gotten to the stage of designing the cut out or cabinets (doing it in a month or so) I kinda wanted to hear what advice ya'll had first. if any of you have a "cut out" portion for tv and speakers, id love to see a picture, also, if anyone has some design ideas re: cut out and custom cabinetry for components, i would REALLY appreciate that as well.

jason

ps
tv is a 52628 mits dlp