Thanks for the feedback JohnK. The review from Audioholics (4xM80's) had me leaning in this direction. I have spent the last few months auditioning several audio systems. The few HT systems that seemed to "stop me in my tracks" had multiple subs (one to three subs usually at lower volumes but well dispersed and EQ'd via SMS-1 units.) I realize this goes against what most audiophiles recommend... one better sub, instead of two lesser subs. My thinking was that an EP500 is adequate for a room this size while getting almost as respectable reviews as the EP600. And maybe...the Outlaw sub would help widen the bass sweet spot down to 20Hz. That is, the EP500 doesn't go down as far as the EP600, but by tossing in a LFM-1 I might be able to achieve the “wide sweet spot” bass sound that repetitively stops me in my tracks.

In short, I really don’t understand speaker efficiency, how it relates to amp selection, and “headroom”. The tech spec’s on the M80’s look good (95db) and my wallet was “hoping” the 7125 would be a good choice. Unfortunately, I won’t have the option or money to trade the 7125 in for a 7700 in the 30 day trial period if I go with the optional equipment that I mentioned above.

Sony 70" XBR, Oppo 980H, Onkyo PRSC885, ATI1807, Rocket 850/450/300/200, Elemental Designs A7S-450x2