saddlesore (should I ask how you got that nickname?), I also extend my welcome to the forums.

I am in nearly the same situation you are. I am putting a HT in my basement and have an EP500, two M80s, a VP150, and two QS8s sitting in my dining room waiting to go. Every once in a while they whimper "Plug us in to some music, please..." but then I spank them and they hush up again.

But I digress. When the Basement HT project started, I thought I'd have a 16x35 area (with just under 8 ft of ceiling) to power, but then I subdivided it to better insulate the room and am left with a 16x18 HT.

I am going to go with the 990/7125. I too am frustrated by the 7700 being double the price of the 7125. The audio installer I am working with assures me that the 125 watts will be plenty, and from earlier posts here, sounds like he is right.

So, I'm noticing that there is a lot more talk on these boards about Outlaw in the last month or so. Seems like there's some groovy synergy gong on between Axiom and Outlaw, what with the internet-only sales, 30-day trial, fun message boards, etc... You don't suppose that Ian is the head Outlaw? Come to think of it, has anyone ever seen the two of them together? Hmmm...

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.